Total Pageviews

Tuesday 4 November 2014


 


I’m sharing my #2 favourite tip from Mahatma Gandhi. 
 

2. You are in control.

“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”

What you feel and how you react to something that is always up to you. When you react to something that is said in judgement or to something that you perceive is in judgement, then you are coming from your OWN insecurities and fears.  It’s your OWN lack of self esteem that causes you to react.

Remember that what other people say and do or what you perceive they say and do is coming from their own judgements based on their experiences, their childhood programming, their own morals and values.  And you have no control over that!  You only control your OWN thoughts, feelings and actions.

And we all have free will.  We have the ability to react or ignore.  Keep in mind that if you even give something thought that’s reacting.  It’s giving away your power. 

I love the saying, “What others think of me is none of my business”.  And it’s true!!!  It's never about you but your reaction IS.

No comments:

Post a Comment